REDUCTION at EC FP7 ICT Call 7 & 8 Concertation Workshop
REDUCTION at CeBIT 2014
REDUCTION Cooperates with Google
- Trainose, the Greek partner of Reduction, started a cooperation with Google through REDUCTION project. Trainose has prepared data Rail schedules in Greece, and this information will now be made available Google Maps. Trainose plans to provide seat availability data on Google Maps by summer 2014.
REDUCTION and Amsterdam Smart City Project
- The Dutch ministry of Infrastructure and Environment, in person of minister Schultz van Haegen, has issued a government initiative “Better Informed on the road”. The goals of this initiative is to improve the service to travellers by stimulating innovative commercial companies and allow them to cooperate closely with local governments and road authorities. Trinité Automation signed in on this initiative with the “Digital Road Authority”, a concept in which the Area Traffic Management (ATM) plays a central role. The Digital Road Authority contains three pilots for the city of Amsterdam, of which on concerns the green route to the Food Centre Amsterdam pilot (the Amsterdam use-case).
The REDUCTION project and its state-of-the-art technologies, research and consortium meetings have a large and positive contribution to the deployment of the system and the success of the pilot. Trinité Automation chooses to add the green route pilot (the Amsterdam use-case) to the REDUCTION project to benefit from it’s work and to add state-of-the-art technologies to the REDUCTION project.
Best Paper and Demo Awards for REDUCTION
REDUCTION partners from Aarhus University and Aalborg University, Denmark, have won the Best Paper and Best Demo award at 14th IEEE Mobile Data Management (MDM), 2013
- Manohar Kaul, Bin Yang, and Christian S. Jensen; "Building Accurate 3D Spatial Networks to Enable Next Generation Intelligent Transportation Systems" awarded Best Paper Award at MDM'131PDF
- Ove Andersen Christian S. Jensen Kristian Torp, and Bin Yang; "EcoTour: Reducing the Environmental Footprint of Vehicles Using Eco-Routes" awarded Best Demo Award at MDM'13PDF
Reduction - General Assembly/Steering Committee Meetings:
- Last steering committee meeting was held in Copenhagen, Denmark on 3-4 July 2014
- REDUCTION held a steering committee meeting in Nicosia, Cyprus on 10-11 April 2014
- 2nd External Advisory Board meeting held in Berlin on 22nd January 2014
- 2nd Review Meeting held in Brussels on 31st October 2013
- Steering Committee Meeting in Volos Greece 9-10 July 2013
- Invited talk by Dr. Leonidas Ntziachristos for Project ICT-Emissions
- Invited talk by Dr. Damianos Gavalas, Project eCompass
- REDUCTION held a steering committee meeting in Amsterdam, Netherlands on 16-17 April 2013
- REDUCTION partners held a steering committee meeting in Berlin, Germany on 15-17 Jan 2013
- REDUCTION 1st External Advisory Board Meeting held in Berlin, Germany on 17 Jan 2013
- REDUCTION 1st Review Meeting held in Brussels, Belgium on 31 Oct 2012
- Steering Committee Meeting - Aalborg 19-20/06/2012
- Steering Committee Meeting - Athens 13-14/03/2012
Highlights: Meeting with related project StarTrans, Nikolas Athanasiadis and Athanasios Sfetsos
- Steering Committee Meeting - Frankfurt 13-14/12/2011
Highlights: Meeting with related project EuroFot project and Mr. Aria Etemad, http://www.eurofot-ip.eu/
- Steering Committee Meeting - Hildesheim Germany 27/09/2011
Highlights: REDUCTION Kick-Off
- 15/05/14 - REDUCTION has been talked about in a weekly infotainment show "Agenda" on Euro Channel, Thessaloniki's local TV, on 11.05.2014
- 15/05/14 - REDUCTION has been interviewed at Business News Radio, Netherlands, for its contribution towards Amsterdam Smart City, on 14.4.2014
- 15/11/12 - REDUCTION Article "Ecorouting and Multimodality by Using Trains" in Greece National NewsPaper "Ependitis"
- 15/12/12 - REDUCTION Article "Travel in Greece in an Ecorouting way by using Train" in Greece National NewsPaper "Imerisia"
- 01/08/12 - TAZ (daily), Article in German titled: "... diskutieren Forscher, wie Machinen Lernen", covered Reduction project. Also appeared online on www.taz.de
- 01/08/12 - REDUCTION Article "Ecorouting and Multimodality" in Thessaly's news paper TAXYDROMOS. link
- 03/08/12 - The DPA German Press Agency (Chefkorrsepondent editorial Network World) gave attention to the Reduction project via an article published on TIME online and the online websites from Süddeutsche, WORLD, N-TV, Stern, Focus, New Press, Berliner Morgenpost and more.
Press Release (PDF): http://www.idw-online.de/de/attachmentdata18198.pdf
- 01/07/12 - REDUCTION Event "Delivering driving times for publically exposure of rushhours and need of new roads" at Region Midtjylland, Aalborg Denmark.
- 01/06/12 - REDUCTION Event "Delivering driving times for a new Flex route" at Aalborg Municipal, Aalborg Denmark.
- 01/06/12 - Danish Transportation Event "Online driving time - Making our driving times available for public viewing". Koeretider.flexdanmark.dk
- REDUCTION at GFKL: International Conference of the German Classification Society (GfKl) places the field of economic computer science and machine learning at the University of Hildesheim quite well in the national media. "Reduction" was well disseminated at GfKl
- 05/12/2011 - Denmark Radio (DR) Interview on the purpose of the speed map, including a story on DR Website: http://www.dr.dk/P4/Nord/Nyheder/Nordjylland/2011/12/02/161731.htm
- 18/10/12 - Meeting with DLR, Institute of Transportation Systems, Braunschweig (Ge); Introduced the Reduction Project
- 19/10/12 - Meeting with Bosch, Multimedia, Telematics and Surround Sensing Systems, Hildesheim (Ge); Introduced the Reduction Project
24/10/12 - Participating the Peacox ITS Experts Workshop, Vienna (Au), Meeting with running EC ECO projects: Peacox, Ecompass, Carbo-Traf, Sunset and ICT-Emissions; Introduced the Reduction Project